My Trice QNT with my house in the background

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dodge Bridge to Shady Cove

Today was my first time leading a ride for Siskiyou Velo Bike Club and it was a blast.

We road from Dodge Bridge Park in Shady Cove up to the town center. This is a very nice ride up a beautiful rural back road with farms and small ranches as well as the occasional view of the Rogue River. One thing I love about the route is the hills. There are plenty but they are short and mostly are preceded by a downhill of equal height. Just drive those petals on the downhill and most of the uphill is taken care of.

I called this a Slo-Mo ride, which denotes it appropriate for the slower of the four speed groups the club has. I now realize it was a bit speedier than that group might be used to. Still, all riders seemed to have a great time and I got to meet a bunch of new friends.

We road for 7.5 miles and lunched at a little place called The Picnic Basket Deli. Returned on the same route.

Total of 10 riders (4 on trikes). Sadly no group photo on this ride (oops).

No comments:

Post a Comment